Lakes Grammar is operated by the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle. The Christian mission of the Church is therefore a central purpose of our school. We are seeking teachers with a personal Christian faith and evidence of regular involvement with a church in order that they may be able to contribute fully to the Christian goals of the school.
Employment Application Form 2015 (209 KB)
Applications for casual teaching are welcome. Please note, these are subject to Child Protection legislation. A Working With Children Check number is to be provided to the school and verified before appointment. It is an offence for a person who has been convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.
Please download an application by clicking on the above link and include a full Curriculum Vitae and covering letter, detailing your suitability to the position, with your application. Applicants for casual teaching positions will receive a letter of acknowledgement and may be invited for an interview. Your application can be sent via email to: email@example.com.
Positions vacant - when applying for a position at Lakes Grammar you must include a covering letter detailing your suitability to the position.
HSIE Co-ordinator, Years 7-12
Following the appointment of our longstanding Head of HSIE, Sport and Senior School Daily Organisation, Andrew Jones, as Deputy Principal at another Anglican School, Lakes Grammar is seeking a new Head of HSIE.
The HSIE faculty at Lakes Grammar teaches the following subjects: Geography, Commerce, Legal Studies, Business Studies, Christian Studies and Studies of Religion.
The HSIE Faculty currently consists of three full-time staff plus the Co-ordinator. The Co-ordinator has responsibility for the academic and administrative operation of the HSIE Faculty and reports to the Head of Senior School. Lakes Grammar is still growing. We plan to launch a fourth stream in Year 7 in 2016.
This position requires a person who:
- is a Christian whose own faith allows her/him to contribute to the school’s Christian mission
- loves working with young people, has empathy for them and strives to meet their individual needs
- is passionate about helping students to love learning and improve their learning
- is up-to-date on the pedagogy of HSIE teaching and the research on effective teaching/learning methodologies
- is an effective leader of teacher professional learning in these areas
- believes all students can learn and improve
- is adept at analysing all forms of data with a view to improving student learning
- uses various kinds of technology in innovative ways to both engage students in learning and to improve their depth of understanding
- is willing to contribute to the wider life of the school.
This is a Co-ordinator 2 position in the NSW Independent Schools Teachers (Steps-based) Agreement.
How to apply
Applicants for the above position should submit an application on the form provided on this page and attach a full CV and Cover letter, addressing the points listed above. If you have questions please contact the Principal via the school number, 4393 4111.
Applications close 12/10/15.