Creating a close-knit school community underpins everything we do and we welcome our parents and friends into the school at every possible opportunity. We have an active Parents and Friends Committee that has contributed generously to the school’s resources.
Parent involvement is key to maintaining a strong sense of community spirit and throughout the year events such as the Welcome BBQ and Spring Fair provide the opportunity for us to come together.
Our P&F Committee is a small group of parents who dedicate their time to serving the school community through the organisation of social and fundraising events.
Below is a list of all the wonderful things our P&F Committee has bought or contributed to our school:
- Lakes Community: classroom readers
- Lakes Community: Clocks
- Painted games in Lakes Community: courtyard
- Senior School bubbler/refill stations
- Senior School half netball/basketball courts next to the hall
- Panaboards in the Lakes Community:
- Chess sets for the Lakes Community:
- iPad trolleys for Lakes Community:
- Trophy cabinets
- Electronic sign at front of the school
- Long jump pit and track
- Coco and Jazz – our PBL mascots
- Senior School covered seating area
- Beautification of Senior School landscaping
- K-2 courtyard playground equipment
- Science kits for the Lakes Community:
- Speech Day awards for service to the school community
- Sports sponsorships for students who have reached elite levels of school representation
- Contribution to the Year 6 end of year social and Year 12 Formal
- Postage for the Christmas gift boxes
As a school we are very grateful for the commitment of our P&F and all parents who have helped at P&F activities. Your efforts on behalf of our school are very much appreciated. This small group of parent helpers is always in need of extra volunteers so if you would like to be involved please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online volunteer sign-up page
The P&F Committee have an online sign-up page for volunteers to offer assistance at any P&F hosted events. You can access this pagehere
Monthly P&F meetings
P&F meetings are held on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the Lakes Community: Library. Due to the situation with COVID-19 the August meeting will be held via a Zoom meeting. Please see Week 2 newsletter for details.